Sunday, August 2, 2009

Perspective Art: A Flower for a Sunday

(ALL WORKS HERE ARE COPYRIGHTED.
ONLY USE WITH PERMISSION.)

This picture I liked before I did anything to it.
But then, when I did something to it (a bunch of
somethings, actually), I REALLY like it now.

I had Trey Ratcliff (@TreyRatcliff) who is a HD
photographer on my World of Perspective Radio Show,
and he was talking about how our mind views
things different than what we see in a picture
.

(Don't have time for the full 90 minute show?
You can listen to excerpts here).

I have to agree, as so many times I will take a
picture of something so beautiful, and then afterward,
it just feels "flat."

I know some people are purists when it comes to
the idea of manipulating a photo. However, I
wonder if sometimes the manipulation does somehow
bring us closer to the memory we have of it.

I wasn't with @fishfire at the fair (see last
blog entry
), but I suspect that after what I did
it somehow more aligned with what his memory
thought of the scene. I probably need to actually
ask him at some point.

What I do know, though, is that what he thought
was an "ordinary" picture became what he now calls
a "work of art." To me that says something about
the effect of the perspective of the work.

Makes me wonder where else that could apply.
Any thoughts?

I hope you're having a great weekend!
Elizabeth

No comments: