Monday, October 12, 2009

Perspective: Astrology

(This is a re-post of an earlier entry.)


(ALL WORKS HERE ARE COPYRIGHTED.
ONLY USE WITH PERMISSION.)

I love the sun...

This pic is a Photoshop effort, with
the base a picture of a piece of jewelry
on display at the Griffith Observatory.


I spent a few hours there today, and it
was so beautiful. The "flaky" part of me
(the part of me that likes Astrology, and
the planets, and things of that sort - and
so named by my brother) loves things
like what the observatory had to offer.

I was looking for a park like place to spend
the day and @nsane8 took me there, and it
was perfect.

I took a bunch of pictures, and we'll see
which ones might be shareable for anyone
interested. From the observatory grounds,
you can get a great view, too, of the
famous Hollywood sign.


When thinking about planets, I think about
astrology, and what it might have to offer.

There are two awesome books that come to
mind on this subject, and if you have a
moment, perhaps check them out for yourself,
and see whether or not they "fit" you and
your interests. For me they both have
helped to validate who I am, and how I am,
and who doesn't appreciate some validation
every now and again?

I don't know about you, but it's not often
I re-read a book, and even when I do, I
don't often appreciate it as much the
second time around. The second of the two
books is one I read several years ago, and
am again reading it with incredible interest
and passion. It "speaks" to me differently
now that I have had a few more years of
life experience and perspective.

The first book is a resource book that I
have pulled out several times for myself
and others, especially in relation to how
we are affected by Lunar and Solar Eclipse
energy prior to our birth. The Lunar
Eclipse speaks to the lessons we are here
to learn, and the Solar Eclipse speaks to
the gifts we have been given.

To anyone I have ever shared these pages
with, it has been a "bulls-eye." Amazing
how something that speaks to us can provide
perspective that can be empowering...even
when (and especially if) it's something
we already recognize about ourself.

The two books are:
Spiritual Astrology by Jan Spiller & Karen McCoy
I Remember Union by Flo Avevia Magdelena

No comments: