Saturday, September 5, 2009

Pancakes Anyone?

I grew up with pancake mix and Bisquick for pancakes.
I'll never forget the first time someone made me
pancakes from scratch. I couldn't believe how simple
it was AND, better yet, delicious! (I am also going
to guess better for me as well).

If you've never made them from scratch, do yourself
a BIG favor, and do it. Mmm. Mmm.

(ALL WORKS HERE ARE COPYRIGHTED.
ONLY USE WITH PERMISSION.)

Chocolate Chip Wheat Pancakes

1/3c. dry milk + 1c. water
1/4c. shortening (or 1/2 stick melted margarine)
1 1/4c. wheat flour
2t. baking powder
1T. sugar
1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
Mini Chocolate chips (to taste, but not too many -
you'll get a gooey mess!)

Stir together until just mixed.
To get relatively uniform pancakes,
use 1/3 cup measure on skillet which
is buttered, and warm enough on medium
heat that water sprinkled on it dances.

You can cook mix all at once, and freeze
extra pancakes, or you can make a couple
a day for up to 3 days, and leave the
uncooked mix in your refrigerator.

Makes 6 large pancakes.

No comments: