Thursday, July 30, 2009

Perspective: New Mexico Picture and Story

(ALL WORKS HERE ARE COPYRIGHTED.
ONLY USE WITH PERMISSION.)

This picture was taken in New Mexico,
somewhere in or around Albuquerque.

I had such a great time there, and
loved the time spent in Albuquerque
and Santa Fe.

It was where my love affair with
Kokopelli began. Kokopelli
is everywhere in that part of New Mexico.

I had never heard or seen Kokopelli
before my visit, and I now have several
representations of him in my home.

(a clock of this style is available)

I have a funny story about my time there.

I had driven from Albuquerque to Santa Fe,
and was trying to figure out where downtown
Santa Fe was. I couldn't seem to figure it
out, but I saw some shops, and what appeared
to be a shopping center, so I figured I
would stop in, and spend some time, and find
out where downtown was.

The first shop I walked into, I asked the guy
where downtown was, and he walked to the door
of the store, and pointed outside.

I had to laugh. The New Yorker in me figured
it could not possibly have been downtown.
Where were the tall buildings?

Interesting how growing up around a city like
NYC got me thinking that a city should look
a certain way. I learned a great lesson that day.

Talk about perspective! :-)

No comments: