Saturday, April 6, 2013

Working Diligently - Part II

In addition to the site, I have been trying to think about other things. I have been thinking about a show format, about segments, about how I will approach the guests, about a number of things. All of which take - you guessed it - time and effort.

In the past when I did the show I put a lot of effort into it, and was not paid for it. I would like to say it was a labor of love, and I could. But the thing was, that in the back of my mind I knew I either had to one day start making money or find a sugar daddy so I didn't have to worry about the fact that I was spending so much time doing something I loved and not making money.

No sugar daddy showed up.

And at a point, I temporarily folded up shop. I didn't know for how long, but there was just no way I could do it. (I go into more of the details in a previous blog).

But now I get to be back in business. And I am making it about business. I HAVE to. At the same time, I want nothing more than to create value for anyone who interacts with me. I am invested in it. I want to do what I have always done so freely and be able to pay my bills. I want people and businesses to succeed. And I want people to be engaged, to listen and to find the things that are of value to them. I am uninterested in selling anyone anything, but if there is something someone wants to buy, then I would love to be a conduit for making that happen and make a living in the process.

While this may be a "business" at the heart of it are the people. At the heart of it is heart, and I want to keep that in mind with every transaction - whether it is an interview, or an advertisement or any other aspect of my show.

Continued...

No comments: